Sunday, May 16, 2010

I Hate the Heat...

Yesterday was Saturday the 15th 2010. I went to volunteer at a car show my high school band was hosting. Since I was a band student I chose to help out. It was 88 degrees outside. I was under the scorching hot sun for 8 hours running from the student parking lot to the high school. Back and forth all day. All while getting sunburn on my face. There was one time where me and some other band students who were also my friends had to push 2 rack fulls of chairs to the high school. The parking lot is very steep and we almost ran into the other rack about 3 times. My foot got run over by our rack because the guy pushing was pushing a little too fast. The gravel on the parking lot was also really hot and I had to sit on it. Tiny little rocks got stuck to my skin and I was sweating like a pig at the end of the day.

So, even though I helped the band out to raise money for all the things we need and got to see a whole bunch of really neat cars, I still hate the heat. The only good thing that comes out of summer I think is the 2 month break and swimming in a freezing cold pool to cool me down on a hot day.
I think I might ride a bike today.

Sunburned and Hungry,

Bubbles

No comments:

Post a Comment